Gas and Heating Engineer's
Sometimes the odd job comes along where it is impossible to give a ‘fixed price’ quotation, due to a number of ‘unknowns’. Compiling a ‘fixed’ price quotation without investigation brings an element of risk that may increase the costs, which is the last thing you want!
With a fixed price there are many ‘knowns’ related to the works and quoting is relatively straightforward. A ‘fixed price’ quotation can be prepared from photos when, for example, a kitchen or bathroom tap needs replacing, all fairly straight forward. The customer provides the photos, make/model of the tap, emails the information to serviceteam Ltd and we do the rest.
However, there are times when the works are not straightforward or obvious, due to a number of ‘unknowns’. Trying to second guess or predict where a problem lies is a huge risk. There are times, even with a proper investigation when the scope of works cannot be totally determined. For example, tracing a leak in a property where piping is concealed in the fabric of the building, within stud walls or beneath concrete flooring. This is when a ‘fixed price’ quotation cannot be applied.
The same applies if there is an intermittent fault with your central heating system, gas boiler or experienced a breakdown, as the fault cannot be diagnosed without a thorough investigation.
What's included in this service?
Perfect if you have compiled a wish list of one or a number of jobs, or if you can’t find the service you’re looking for.
Your Serviceteam engineer will be Gas Safe Registered and will be able to take care of all the jobs on your list.
Our engineer will arrive, assess what needs doing and give you an accurate estimate before he starts the work. If you are happy to proceed he will get on with the tasks straight away.
What will it cost?
Our ‘by time on site’ rates are:
- £45.00 + VAT per half hour with a minimum of one hour being chargeable for any one visit.
- Booking by the half day - for £250 + Vat your engineer will arrive on your chosen date and will be scheduled for 4 hours work.
- Booking by the day - for £450 + Vat your engineer will arrive on your chosen date and will be scheduled for 8 hours work plus 1 for lunch.
- Alternatively contact our maintenance advisors to obtain a fixed price quote before we visit on the number at the top.
Here's what we'll do?
- Step 1 – You book a gas safe engineer Choose a convenient appointment time and day that suits your busy schedule.
- Step 2 – A Gas advisor will contact you in advance to discuss your requirements and explain your options so that we are prepared for the visit.
- Step 3 – Assess works on site Our expert Serviceteam engineer will arrive on the date you have chosen. He will evaluate and plan for the works required.
- Step 4 – Accurate estimate having assed works on site, our engineer will provide you with an accurate estimate, for you to approve before starting works.
- Step 5 – Authorisation if we are authorised to precede our engineer will either proceed with the works strait away or arrange a more convenient time to return.
- Step 6 – We give you peace of mind Our works come with a minimum 1 year manufactures and installation guarantee as standard, which means if something happens you can call us any time, any day of the year.
What's not included in this service?
- Any congestion zone, ULEZ or parking charges - This will be added at cost to the final bill (unless a parking permit for the duration of the visit is provided).
What will it cost:
Fault diagnosis and repair: our engineers will assess, diagnose and attempt to fix your fault within the 1st hour. For this we charge a fixed £95.00 + VAT. Occasionally when we are unable to fix your fault within the 1st hour, or when additional materials are required we always provide you with a fixed price for the additional works before proceeding.
For more in depth information about our Boiler repair service contact our office and speak to one of our repair doctors.
To manage the ‘unknowns’ customers prefer another option, which is pay by the hour or time taken.
It’s a straightforward and easy approach, as the customer is always in control of the cost. As is the case with a hidden leak, paying by time/hour to trace the leak, is our customers preferred option. Once it has been detected a ‘fixed price’ quotation can then be provided. Alternatively, we could continue on the hourly rate until the repair has been identified and fixed?
Charging by the hour only begins when our tradesperson arrives on site and has opened up their tool box.
If you are thinking about repairing or upgrading your central heating system, call serviceteam now. We have a team of highly qualified tradespeople ready to avail their services 24/7, who will conduct an inspection and supply a repair estimate. If you’re happy with the quote contact the office to schedule an appointment. Our customer-friendly staff are on hand to guide you through the process. If you’ve any questions in your mind regarding our services just visit our Trustpilot and Checkatrade customer review platforms.
Find out more on Serviceteam.co.uk
Other Gas and Heating Services
Why Serviceteam Ltd?
Fixed and Fair Prices
We like to feel our prices are competitive. Price is important but expertise and experience are just as important. If you want all three, then call serviceteam Ltd. You won’t be disappointed, that’s a promise! We work based on a fair and fixed price. If we are unable to identify the fault within the first half-hour, we will, as a goodwill gesture, not charge you for the visit.
This is characterized by serviceteam Ltd responding within a short interval of time to attend to your needs. This comes under our emergency services response when time is of the essence. Call us and we will endeavor to be with you within hours of placing your call, fully prepared to begin work.
Professionalism and Year’s Of Experience
Serviceteam Ltd professionalism is based on our tradespeople and head office teams adhering to a set of standards, a code of conduct which portrays accepted practice within a particular trade area. We acknowledge this important fact and demand our tradespeople and head office team deliver a high-quality service with the utmost dedication that meets your expectations. Our friendly team is available 24/7 to manage your concerns.
No matter how reliable the service is, it all comes down to customer feedback regarding the experience they’ve had with serviceteam Ltd. Feedback is a tool that builds a company’s reputation, we do our best to ensure every customer is satisfied. If you’ve not used us before and want reassurance, then please access the customer reviews on our Checkatrade and Trustpilot platforms. Do we hope this will help you decide?
Contact Us Today
No matter what the task, be it a repair, replacement, refurbishment, or any maintenance service, our expert team of tradespeople is available 24/7.
As we aim to provide you the best services at Competitve Prices. We do not charge for:
Charges for the following will Apply
What you get
Areas of Coverage
We offer our service all accross London 24/7 with the coverage outside the Greater London. Call to enquire if we cover your postcode.
Q: What is the average lifespan of a central heating system?
A: In accordance with the surveys carried out, the average lifespan of a boiler in London is 15-20 years, with proper maintenance and annual servicing.
Q: Should i be Replacing my radiator?
A: Given that the average lifespan of a radiator is something around 15-20 years, if you’re using an old radiator, its worth considering to have a check on its efficiency. There are various signs of a dysfunctional radiator, including low heating and high bills.
Q: How Often should i Flush my Heating system?
A: To keep your central heating system in tip-top condition as well as your annual boiler service include a PowerFlush at least every 5-8 years.
Q: How do i know that my central heating system needs Powerflush
A: Look out for the following signs which suggests a powerflush is required:
- Cold spots on radiators or slow to heat up
- The radiator doesn’t heat up completly
- Needs Frequent Bleeding
- Heat leaks
- Boiler makes banging or Loud Noise.