What's included in this service?
- Gas Leak Repairs
If you think you have a gas leak immediately turn off the gas supply at the meter and call the Gas Emergency Services on 0800 111 999.
- How to turn off your gas supply
Find the gas Emergency Control Valve. This is often in a meter box, under the stairs, under the kitchen sink or in the garage.
Turn the Emergency Control Valve’s handle a quarter turn so the lever is at 90 degrees to the Emergency Control Valve’s body.
- Next Steps:
Open all windows and doors Do not turn electrical switches on or off – including your TV, computer, oven, etc.?
Do not use any naked flames e.g. Your gas hob or candles. Don’t smoke, strike a match or do anything that could cause ignition.
Do not open any electric doors or gates manually Choose a date and time that suites your busy schedule and a member of our office team will contact you to confirm your appointment slot.
- What will it cost?
Any gas leak repairs are charged “by time on site” and as soon as we have located the cause of the leak our Gas Safe Registered engineer will give you an indication of how long the repair will take.
If the gas emergency services have attended and already pinpointed the cause of the leak, you can contact our maintenance advisors for a fixed price quote before we visit.
In most cases the cost of our leak detecting service is recoverable from your building insurance as part of ‘trace and access’ cover.
For more information about leak repairs contact our office and speak to one of our repair advisors.
*We charge from £43.00 + VAT per half hour with a minimum of 1 hour chargeable.
- Further work quotes:Once our engineer has located the cause of the leak, we will be able to estimate how long the repair will take and any materials that may be required. We will provide you for a fixe price quote & If you’re happy for us to proceed with the repairs, the engineer will fix it.
- Emergency Response:Choose a date and time that suites your busy schedule and a member of our office team will contact you to confirm your appointment slot.
- A year-long guarantee:On all replacement parts and workmanship, giving you additional peace of mind
What's not included in this service?
- Any congestion zone, ULEZ or parking charges which will be added at costs to the final bill (unless a parking permit for the duration of the visit is provided).
- Any materials, if these are required we will provide you with a further works quote
1 Fully Insured
2 Leak Trace & Repair
3 Experienced & Qualified Gas Safe engineers
4 5 Star Rated Which? Trusted trader
5 Emergency Response
See how serviceteam works
How serviceteam works
Find a service
All our services come with a clear and fixed price so you always know where you stand
Make a booking
A member of the team will always contact you, to discuss the service in advance of our visit
Relax in the knowledge that you wonít be charged until the job is completed to your satisfaction
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How do you work out your charge?
A: We charge from £43 + VAT per half hour with a minimum of 1 hour chargeable. Once we have located the cause of the leak, we will be able to provide an accurate estimate.
- Q: What does the price include?
A: Our half hour rate only includes for labour. Additional charges are made for extra materials, congestion charges, parking and disposal.
- Q: Why can’t you provide a fixed price quote?
A: Until we have sourced the cause we are unable to be sure what work is required to fix the leak. As soon as our engineer has traced the cause of the leak we will be able to provide you with a fixed priced estimate for the repair.
- Q: How do I pay?
A: With a card over the phone.
- Q: Whose responsibility is it to organise the parking?
A: We kindly ask that you arrange parking for us.
- Q: In what areas do you work?
A: London & the Home Counties
- Q: When are you going to arrive?
A: We will agree on an arrival slot with you, and our engineer will contact you when he’s on route.
- Q: Will the engineer be Gas Safe qualified?