A message from serviceteam – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy & Updates
We are experiencing unprecedented times and uncertainty with the COVID19 epidemic. I would like to reassure you that serviceteam are monitoring the current situation closely and taking heed of government guidelines to ensure we maintain the service level you expect and have been accustomed to in the safest possible way.
Our first priority is to public health in-line with Government advice, while aiming to continue serving our customers to ensure our customer homes are warm, safe and with power.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy & Updates
We are monitoring Government health advice in relation to the spread of the coronavirus. We’ll continue to follow Government recommendations with the aim of reducing the risk of passing the virus between our customers and tradespeople.
- We’ve been sending regular updates to our workforce. They’re well informed about symptoms, the risks of returning from, or travelling to the most affected regions and general hygiene measures.
- We’ve also asked staff who develop even minor symptoms to stay at home and avoid contact with other people.
Our Office Team
- We have gone above and beyond the Governments advice on self-isolation and are currently asking everyone to work from home. This is to ensure we can continue to provide a continuous professional service from booking to billing & the health of our staff. We have also stressed the application of hand hygiene & asked staff to minimise social and unnecessary contact as much as they can
- All of our trades vehicles and equipment are individually managed and looked after by us. Crucially our trades people always use the same van all of the time which massively reduces the risk of cross contamination.
- Our trades people have heavy duty antibacterial wipes allowing them to clean tools, steering wheels & PDAs after every job.
- Our trades people regularly have their vehicles cleaned by professional van cleaning companies. We have increased this deep clean to fortnightly inside & out.
Our Trades People
- We’re having regular briefings with everyone and we continue to uphold strict health & safety guidelines, such as not working when ill, regular hand washing & carrying hand sanitisers where possible and wipes so that we are maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness.
- During you pre-agreed arrival slot your tradesperson will knock on your door. We’re advising them to stay 2 meters away from people & to avoid unnecessary time to chat. This is not meant to cause offence. We just want to keep everyone safe.
- We’ve asked all our tradespeople to follow the WHO’s standard infection control measures.
Hygiene Supplies – Additional Measures you can ask for
- We’re providing bottles of hand sanitizer where possible and wipes to our tradespeople and asking them to clean their hands thoroughly when they enter or leave a customer’s property.
- Our trades people have respirator masks and replacement filters. In line with Government advice we’re not asking our tradespeople to wear them unless a customer request they do so.
- Our trades people have Goggles and disposable gloves. Although wearing these items hasn’t been suggested by the Government to help reduce the spread of the virus, our tradespeople will be able to do so if a customer prefers they do.
Customer Health Information
- We kindly ask our customers at this time when booking a job to inform us if anyone in the property is in isolation, has symptoms, or has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Unfortunately, we wouldn’t be able to send a tradesperson to resolve any maintenance issues in a situation like this. We hope customers understand this policy is to prevent the potential spread of the virus to others and is in line with Government health recommendations.
- We’ll keep the information on this page updated regularly and as Government health recommendations change.
We are 100% committed to maintaining the best possible service. Behind the scenes, we’ve increased cleaning in our office and equipped our teams so that they can work from home. It’s the first time we’ve tried some of this so, for the next few days at least, please bear with us.
I’m really proud of the way that serviceteam people are pulling together to provide a seamless service for you.
THANK YOU FOR TRUSTING US
We trust the above will help steer us through the current situation with business productivity maintained. These extra measures are in place to keep our customers safe, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to get in touch with our front of house team who can discuss all these precautions with you and any concerns you may have.
Stay healthy and stay in touch.