Serviceteam Hanging Wallpaper A Basic Guide
If you are looking to refresh your home, warm up the walls, or looking for a brand-new change of scene; Wallpaper hanging can be the best way to achieve any of these goals.
With so many options on colours, patterns, and textures available there is choice in abundance to make your space unique, fresh, and homely.
So, if you are looking to add a focus or a pop of drama to your room with an accent wall; wallpaper is a great way to add a clean look with an impactful finish. With foils, gels, silk, pearl, glitter, embossed and natural cloth materials and designs available, this tactile and strong fabric can really add value to your home. Whether your choice is relatively inexpensive or a more robust, durable paper; if hung properly you could be investing in your property with paper generally lasting upwards of 12 years.
Renovating a room or your home requires a lot of thought and whilst you might know exactly how you want the place to look, executing the design can be trickier to achieve. At Serviceteam we can help. Our advice is to get professionals to do this job; you’ll find it time and cost effective without the stress and drama of having to do it yourself. However, if you do want to give it a go here are some handy tips to get you on your way.
1. Get Organised – Make sure that if you do decide to hang wallpaper yourself that all your tools and materials are ready and to hand. It really isn’t easy or wise to leave the area when you are working on your masterpiece feature wall!
2. A Simple One – Measure and then Measure again. There is nothing more infuriating then coming up short when you spend all that time papering that room.
3. Make a Connection – Keep your eye on ensuring the pattern matches against each strip of wallpaper this really will make a huge impact on the final look.
4. Steady Eddie – A steady hand when working on corners and other tricky areas such as a round plug socket is essential. It can be very frustrating and timely to do these areas so take a deep breath first.
5. Pick up your Phone – Call Serviceteam and we will get a professional team member to come out and get your home or office looking so good you won’t want to leave the building.