What's included in this service?
Designed to arrest sludge before it does any damage to your system. They’re quick to fit and will keep your system running at its best for longer.
We provide a fixed price for the supply and installation of a MagnaClean Professional 22mm Magnetic System Filter
We look forward to hearing from you either using our online booking form or feel free to give us a call and one of our friendly customer service staff will be on hand to guide you through any questions you may have or if you want to read any of our reviews please check our Checkatrade or Which? reviews.
Designed to arrest sludge before it does any damage to your system. They’re quick to fit and will keep your system running at its best for longer. They’re easy to maintain and will be cleaned during your annual boiler service.
Why consider a magnetic system filter?
- Chemicals will prevent some debris build-up in a heating system, but metallic particles must be filtered out. By installing a magnetic sludge filter to your central heating system you can make the removal and cleaning process easier and avoid costly breakdowns or a future power flushes.
Which filter do you recommend?
- We provide a fixed price for the supply and installation of a MagnaClean Professional 22mm Magnetic System Filter.
How much will it cost?
- If we are already on site and have drained your central heating system to complete other works then we can easily supply and install your new system filter for £210 + Vat.
- If we need to drain down your heating system and refill on completion then the job takes slightly longer and costs a little bit more. Independent visit (including drain down and refill) £315 + Vat
- Discount a 10% discount is applied to the price of the system filter if booked along with any other gas or heating service.
- For more information about magnetic system filters you should contact our office and speak to one of our maintenance advisors.
What's not included in this service?
- Any congestion zone, ULEZ or parking charges - This will be added at cost to the final bill (unless a parking permit for the duration of the visit is provided).
Q: Where will you install the new filter?
A: The filter will need to be installed on an exposed section of your heating pipework. If all your pipework is contained within walls or floors then it may not be possible to easily install a new filter. Our engineer will agree a location with you before starting works – or you can send us a photo of your proposal before we visit.
Q: Do I need a system filter?
A: Yes. Over time your system rusts resulting in the build-up of dirt within your system that causes damage to other parts on your system, including your boiler. A magnetic filter filters out this debris keeping everything healthy.
Q:Are they costly to maintain?
A: No. It is easy to clean the filters and is something we do as part of an annual boiler service. Or you can do it.
Q: Who demands that the system should have system filter?
A: Most boiler insurance schemes will want your system to have a system filter. Manufactures of your boiler often provide extended warranties on their boilers when a system filter has been installed. Why? Most central heating problems relate directly to sludge or limescale in your system.
Q: Why do I need a magnetic system filter?
A: Magnetic system adds to the boiler during installation, However, they are not essential that much but we do recommend to add at least one magnetic system filter to a heating system. If you want to add a magnetic filter system to your heating system but you are not about to replace your boiler. Still, you can have one fitted magnetic filter to your existing heating system.
1 A fixed price
2 Highly qualified engineers
3 Extended warranty's
4 10% off when combined with other Gas & Heating products